Wednesday, October 23, 2013

Permission Slips

#OLCBreneCourse 

This is the first week in my e-class with Brene Brown and her book "gifts of imperfection." Already this first assignment has totally changed my life! Every week we read in her book and then do a creative journal assignment. This week's creative journal assignment question is focused on: 

What do you have to give yourself permission to do when you are doing something scary?

This is a perfect assignment for me right now in my life because I have struggled with social anxiety for years. I may have to do some public speaking in the next couple of months and already feel myself getting anxious about it. I have held back a lot in my life because I "over think" everything before I say it. I think people will judge me for saying something totally un-cool, or that I will appear un-intelligent and look like a fool. All through high school and cosmetology school I was labeled "shy" and "boring" because I never talked! It's time to change that!

Soooo, here is my creative journal entry...

I give myself permission to:

*  Say stupid things

*  Look funny

*  Be scared

*  Have nothing to say (blank mind)

*  To be imperfect

*  To fail

*  Fully feel and celebrate joy!

*  To be seen

*  To speak up when I want/need to

*  To live in the moment

*  To stop worrying!

Ahhhh!!! That is a huge weight off my shoulders! 

I am enough. 





Added more:




No comments:

Post a Comment